New features in SketchUp 2016
• SketchUp, connected
Reference, sync, comment, report, and share: SketchUp 2016 is more connected than ever to the projects, information, and people you work with.
– Trimble Connect. Trimble Connect is a new way to store, sync, reference, share, and collaborate on design/build projects. Sign up for a free account, then start uploading .skp, .pdf, .dxf, .ifc… however you work, Trimble Connect helps you work smarter together.
– Reload 3D Warehouse models. In SketchUp 2016, 3D Warehouse models can work as reference objects in any project. Download a model from 3D Warehouse, then reload it to update changes to every instance of that component.
– Generate Report 2.0. We thought you should have more control of what information SketchUp Pro exports from models, and how it’s organized. So we reworked ‘Generate Report’ tool to do just that.
– LayOut cloud references. With this release, LayOut’s reference objects are web friendly. That means your LayOut projects can reference and update files that are stored and synced with services like Dropbox, Google Drive, and Trimble Connect Sync.
– A new LayOut API. We’re proud to announce our first step towards an extension ecosystem for LayOut. Using this new API developers can now create and customize .layout files from SketchUp models.
• Simple, intuitive, just right
Every day, we obsess over making SketchUp seamless and efficient. Here’s what our obsession yielded in SketchUp 2016.
– Enhanced inferencing. Learning and utilizing SketchUp’s inference engine makes for fast and precise modeling. In this release, we’ve oiled that engine. With slicker inferencing and locking, SketchUp is humming along, smoother than ever.
– Customizeable utility trays on windows. On Windows machines, we’ve re-worked SketchUp’s floating utility dialogs (Styles, Scenes, Components, etc.) so that they neatly stack inside customizable, completely collapsible trays. Simple, clean, just right.
– Refreshed textures. Textures make your models pop off the screen (and the page). In this release, we’ve reworked our default material libraries, adding contemporary textures and reorganizing categories. Press ‘B’ and go wild.
– Small dimensions. A smart tweak to LayOut dimensions, our new ‘small dimension’ leaders ensure that text never interferes with arrows or extension lines, and that your dimensions always have room to stretch out when you’re working in confined spaces.
– Loveable LayOut layers. We’ve improved pretty much everything about LayOut’s layers. Whether you’re grouping objects across layers, drawing objects on shared layers, or unearthing the bottom of a stacked viewport, our new layers are just plain better.
• SketchUp Mobile Viewer 2.1
Our mobile app now works on phones and tablets, and connects to Trimble Connect and Dropbox.
• SketchUp Skill Builders
All year long, we’ve been exploring SketchUp tricks and digging into the working ways of our favorite SketchUp professionals.
– Windows 10, Windows 8+ and Windows 7+
– Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher.
– SketchUp Pro requires .NET Framework version 4.0. For more information about the .NET framework, click here.
Note: SketchUp for Windows can run on either 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows, note that you must download and install the appropriate version for your operating system.