Hard Disk Manager 15 Premium combines all of Paragon’s technologies and expertise in storage lifecycle management, data protection and sanitization within stand-alone physical and virtual Windows environments. It offers flexible Technician Licensing options for professionals managing mid-size groups of co-located servers.
Storage lifecycle maintenance for stand-alone virtual or physical Windows® Server
– Innovative backup imaging technology (pVHD, VHD, VMDK) significantly improves automatic backup routines
– One integrated and comprehensive solution for backup and disaster recovery, partitioning, migration and data management
– Connection and work with virtual containers as if they were physical disks for partitioning, backup and maintenance
– (New!) Agentless protection of Hyper-V guest machines
– Windows 8.1, Server 2012 R2 and GPT/uEFI support
Effective data and storage management
– Innovative backup imaging technology opens up 10x faster incremental imaging to the net, instant virtualization without restore, fast backup data de-duplication, etc.
– Differential and incremental backups, and exclusive file complements to minimize storage requirements and optimize backup speeds
– Exclude filters for enterprise-level applications provide for better backup performance, minimize backup storage requirements, and eliminate interference with special-purpose backup tools
– Task scheduling and scripting to combine multiple operations in one job and automate the execution (Paragon Retention Wizard and Cyclic Backup to VD Wizard)
– Any backup destination, including locally mounted/un-mounted partitions, external storages, CD/DVD/Blu-ray discs, flash drives, network shares, SFTP/FTP servers as well as the secured hidden partition (Backup Capsule)
– Remote connection of virtual drives through vSphere interface to accomplish drive partitioning, data exchange, or OS migration of Windows virtual environments hosted by ESX
– Any type of migration for Windows XP SP3 and later platforms ( P2V Copy, P2V Restore, V2P, V2V, P2P, Windows OS to SSD, etc.)
– Operation with virtual disks as if they were physical (Connect VD)
– The fastest and safest partitioning engine on the market – our product does the job with minimal time and risk
– Automatic partition alignment optimizes the drive for performance and longevity (not all operations are supported**)
– Fast data exchange between physical and virtual disks, between virtual disks of different hypervisors, or between a virtual disk and its snapshots
– Exclusive optimization of NTFS file system (MFT defragmentation and shrinking)
– Easy management of several operating systems on one system
– Live imaging and migration of Windows systems with two snapshot technologies – Microsoft VSS and Paragon Hot Backup™ to guarantee fast and reliable live protection
– Migration of servers to virtual environments (P2V) or from virtual to physical (V2P) provides flexibility and increased availability of hardware and applications
– Scheduled and unattended backup operations that are fully compliant with set-and-forget backup policies
– No hardware dependency with Paragon Adaptive Restore™; our technology guarantees that any Windows since 2000 will boot on dissimilar hardware (P2P) by automatically injecting the required drivers and performing other operations crucial for this type of migration
– Manage virtual drives in a non-destructive mode; all changes to the mounted virtual disk are saved to a snapshot, guaranteeing the maximum possible safety of the original data (Connect VD)
– Restore at a granular level minimizes downtime by allowing the user to restore individual files if there is no need to restore an entire image
– Comprehensive recovery environments based on DOS, Linux, and WinPE* are available on CD/DVD/Blu-ray, flash drives, thumb drives, or Backup Capsule to quickly get systems back on track when they fail to boot. They also help retrieve valuable information from damaged hard disks and accomplish bare-metal system deployment
– Exchange Granular Recovery to get transparent access to backup mail databases of MS Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010 using the standard facilities of MS Outlook 2003/2007/2010 for easy and fast data recovery at a granular level
– Boot problem correction without restore (Windows system registry modification in off-line mode, MBR, BCD, and the Boot.ini file correction, etc.)
Encryption and secure wiping
– Windows BitLocker support in combination with pVHD enables to achieve exceptional protection of OS and personal data from unauthorized access and from data loss
– Encryption and password protection for backups guarantees security for confidential data
– 10 wipe algorithms including military and government data erasure standards of several countries to destroy all on-disk information or only remnants of deleted files / directories without affecting the used data
– Wiping SSDs: irreversible secure data destruction on SSD storage devices
Latest hardware and software support
– Support of VMware ESX 4.x/5.x, ESXi 4.x/5.x, VMware Server, MS Hyper-V R1/R2, Virtual Server, Virtual PC 2007, Windows Virtual PC, Oracle Virtual Box 1.0-4.x, VMware Player, Workstation 10.0, Fusion
– Complete support of GPT/uEFI configurations to successfully clone, migrate, virtualize or restore a 64-bit Windows system configured to the uEFI-based boot mode; to fix uEFI related boot problems
– Support for any Windows OS since XP SP3 including the latest Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
– Latest hardware support, including all SCSI, IDE and SATA RAID controllers, SSD, AFD, 2TB+ and non-512B sector size disks, Blu-ray drives, USB 1.x/2.0/3.0 and IEEE 1394 (FireWire) devices, PC card storages, and many more…
– Support for GPT (GUID Partition Table) disks
– Support for Microsoft dynamic disks (simple, spanned, striped, mirrored, RAID-5)
– Support for Windows Storage Spaces
– Support for Apple Boot Camp configurations
What’s new in Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15 Premium:
– Supports the latest Windows 10
– A symmetric block algorithm used by the U.S. government is available now to protect your personal data. This option is available only for VD containers.
– A special option will help you automatically back up all critical system settings alongside with some important applications data while ignoring other data stored on the system partition. This way you can create an optimal backup image of system state to get the system and Microsoft applications quickly back on track.
– Instead of two utilities downloaded from Paragon’s website (BMB and RMB), the new RMB 3.0 is now embedded into the product. Combining the best of the two utilities, it can boast more options, usability, and stability.
– Paragon’s innovative backup imaging technology now opens up the option of creating file-level virtual containers (full, incremental, as well as file complements), thus offering users rock-stable, high-performance technology to protect system and data not only on sector-level, but file-level as well.
– The GUI of Hard Disk Manager 15 has been revised. It is now easier to find particular functions. Legacy functions that deal with the old Paragon’s backup container (.pbf) are hidden by default but can be called through a special legacy view.
– Wipe SSDs of most manufacturers very user-friendly and permanently!