Visio 2013 provides new features designed to help you create diagrams more intuitively, including new and updated shapes and stencils, improved effects and themes, and a coauthoring feature that makes teamwork easier. You can also make your diagrams more dynamic by linking shapes to real-time data and then share them with others through a browser using Visio Services in SharePoint, even if they don’t have Visio installed.
Simplify complex information by creating professional diagrams in just a few clicks.
The new Microsoft Visio has:
• Features designed to make it easier to create diagrams, including quicker access to frequently used tools, new and updated shapes and stencils, and improved and expanded themes and effects.
• Tools to make teamwork simpler, such as the ability to work together on the same diagram at the same time and improved commenting in both Visio and Visio Services.
• Improved touch support, including for Windows 8 and Visio Services in the new Microsoft SharePoint.
• Options to make your diagrams more dynamic by linking shapes to real-time data, with an expanded set of supported sources.
• The ability to share your diagrams with others through a browser (even if they don’t have Visio installed) through Microsoft Office 365 or SharePoint.
• Support for updated diagramming standards, including Unified Modeling Language (UML) 2.4, Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) 2.0, and Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0.