PhpStorm is a PHP Editor focused on developer productivity that deeply understands your code, provides smart code completion, quick navigation and on-the-fly error checking. It is always ready to help you shape your code, run unit-tests or provide visual debugging. PhpStorm provides rich and intelligent code editor for PHP with syntax highlighting, extended code formatting configuration, on-the-fly error checking, and smart code completion.
Smart PHP Code Editor
The editor that actually ‘gets’ your code and deeply understands its structure, supporting all PHP language features for modern and legacy projects. Provides the best code completion, refactorings, on-the-fly error prevention, and more.
Code Quality Analysis
Hundreds of inspections take care of verifying your code as you type, analyzing the whole project. PHPDoc support, code (re)arranger and formatter, quick-fixes, and other features help you write neat code that’s easy to support.
Perform many routine tasks right from the IDE, thanks to Version Control Systems integration, support for remote deployment, databases/SQL, command-line tools, Vagrant, Composer, REST Client, and many other tools.
Debugging and Testing
Zero-configuration debugging makes it really easy to debug and profile your PHP applications with either Xdebug or Zend Debugger. PHPUnit and Behat support lets you develop and run tests right from the IDE.
Use the same frequently-updated and fully customizable PHP integrated development environment on Windows, Mac OS X or Linux with your single license key. Enjoy the performance and stability!
New in version 2016.1
(March 16, 2016)
PHP Language & Editing Experience:
• A number of serious and long-awaited improvements have been made in the PHP language support , such as improved type inference, completion, support of traits, and more. PhpStorm now also fully supports group use statements, offers the “Make Static” refactoring and provides some new handy intentions such as “Convert switch to if” and “Convert if to switch” or “Flip if/else branches”.
New Debugging Experience:
• We’ve made the Zero-Configuration Debugging mode easier to discover for new users. Also, now you can debug RESTful Web Services right from a REST Client using the “XDebug for REST Client” feature.
Frameworks and Tools:
• PhpStorm now provides the Keep-Alive feature for SFTP/FTP/FTPS servers and Remote Interpreters, which you have heavily demanded for the last six years! Project-level interpreters, support for of Rerun failed tests for PHPUnit/Behat, and some usability improvements for Remote Interpreters are also available.
Important improvements for working with top-notch web technologies, such as:
• Improved Angular 2 support
• Better TypeScript support
Borrows many features and improvements from IntelliJ Platform, including:
• Right-to-left languages support
• Speed search (in “”Show Usages” and “Terminal”)
• JSON schema
• Support for Docker Machine
• Version Control and Database tools improvements