Java Lambdas and Parallel Streams is published by Apress in December 2016. This book has 87 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484224861.
This compact book introduces the concepts of Java lambdas and parallel streams in a concise form. It begins by introducing new supporting features such as functional interfaces, default methods and more. After this, the author demonstrates how streams can be parallelized in a very simple way―within certain limits, no knowledge about the thread management is needed. Nevertheless, some basic elements in the context of parallelism need to be considered. Here, the book provides a variety of information and best practices.
What You Will Learn
- Master lambdas and streams
- Work with the default method
- Harness streams and the stream() function
- Use Stream and Spliterator
- Take advantage of parallel streams
- Work with collectors and concurrency
Who This Book Is For
Experienced Java programmers and developers.