Keeping an eye on your Mac’s resources is advisable because this way you can understand more about your computer and you can identify possible issues sooner. iStat Menus is a Mac app that provides quick access to this type of information via your status bar.
iStat Menus comprises multiple status bar menus so, right of the bat, you must select the ones you want active and personalize their behavior to match your own needs. Once this is taken care of, the menus will be present in your status bar at all times: simply click on the respective icon and the drop down panel will provide more statistical data.
Easily accessible information about various types of resources
iStat Menus analyzes and provides usage data and separate status bar menus for the following elements: CPU&GPU, Memory, Disks, Network, Sensors, Battery (if available), or Time (can show the local time for different cities). In addition, you can create a single menu that combines multiple elements.
Note that each menu comes with its own customization options: you can change the way in which the information is displayed or the color palette. Moreover, you can select the sensors you want to monitor, set up warnings for specific battery levels, and more.
Customize the menu’s appearance in to time
iStat Menus comes with 9 styles for the menubar theme (black, blue, fire, graphite, green, pink, purple, red, and white), 2 drop down themes (dark and light), and allows you to adjust the menubar graph background opacity. In addition, you may also adjust the update frequency for the data displayed in the menus: fast, medium, or slow.
Stylish menubar solution for keeping an eye on your Mac’s resources usage
All in all, if you are looking for an unobtrusive tool for monitoring the way in which your Mac deals with the available resources, iStat Menus certainly deserves your attention.
What’s new v5.11
• Added support for OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
• Added support for 2015 15-inch MacBook Pro.
• Added ability to hide disk activity graphs for individual drives.
• Added options to use bold text for all dual line menubar text modes (Yosemite and newer only).
• Added history graphs for S.M.A.R.T. hard drive sensors.
• Improved network monitoring.
• Improved S.M.A.R.T. monitoring.
• Improved calendar event display by filtering out disabled calendars from Calendar.app.
• Fixed an issue with some history graphs being blank.
• Fixed some display issues when using “Increase Contrast” accessibility option.
• Fixed some issues with VPN connections.
• Removed declined events from Time dropdown.
Intel, 64-bit processor
OS X 10.8 or later