Folx combines two functionalities: download manager and torrent client.
Folx makes downloading extremely easy: just open the page with the file to be downloaded, click the link in your browser and Folx will start the download for you. The application splits the file being downloaded in up to ten threads, thus significantly increasing the download speed. Its auto resume option comes handy when the downloading gets interrupted. You can also assign a tag or a few to the downloaded content for accurate and easy search through the downloaded files. You can optimize traffic allocation between different applications by regulating manually the download and upload speed.
Folx is also available as PRO version. It brings such handy features as splitting the downloads in up to 10 threads which speeds up the download process; scheduling the download tasks according to your convenience; smart speed adjustment option (download speed will be adjusted automatically whenever you need to use Internet traffic to run other applications), iTunes integration and searching the web for torrents directly from Folx.
Note: Torrent client with built-in torrent search is back in new Folx!
What’s New 5.0:
– Added: a redesigned interface.
– Added: a password manager (PRO version).
– Added: automatic saving and filling of passwords on websites you are downloading from (PRO version).
– Added: the ability to set a speed limit for a specific download task (PRO version).
– Added: sorting and filtering of torrent search results (PRO version).
– Added: the ability to make Folx the default torrent client (for files and magnet links).
– Added: new preferences for torrent files:
– Store .torrents for current tasks in ;
– On task completion move .torrents to ;
– Automatically load .torrents from ;
– Delete loaded .torrents.
– Improved: Smart Speed now allows limiting the upload/download speed based on a schedule (PRO version).
– Improved: Scheduler has been overhauled for better usability (PRO version).
– Fixed: downloading from YouTube (PRO version).
– Fixed: capturing of download links in Google Chrome (requires an extension).
– Fixed: incorrect behavior of DHT and Local Peer Discovery.
– Fixed: a crash on adding a magnet link.
– Fixed: other minor bugs.
Intel, Mac OS X 10.7 or later