ESET NOD32 Antivirus provides state-of-the-art protection for your computer against malicious code. Based on the ThreatSense® scanning engine first introduced in the award-winning NOD32 antivirus system, ESET NOD32 Antivirus continues to deliver unprecedented protection against zero-day threats without the need for constant reactive signature updates. Integrated antivirus and antispyware modules make ESET NOD32 Antivirus a complete security solution.
What’s NEW in version 8:
• Botnet protection: Brand new technology that protects against infiltration by botnet malware to prevent spam and network attacks detected in outbound traffic from your computer. Botnet protection searches outgoing network communications for known malicious patterns, and matches the remote site against a blacklist of malicious ones. Any detected malicious communication is blocked and reported to the user. Click to view a screenshot.
• Enhanced Exploit Blocker: Protects against attacks on web browsers, PDF readers, Office documents, as well as Java communications and Java-based software that provides the ability to eliminate lockscreens and ransomware.
• ESET SysRescue Live: The next generation of the ESET SysRescue utility, ESET SysRescue Live allows you to create a bootable disk, in the form of a USB flash drive or CD/DVD, with the ability to scan and clean your system even when you cannot boot into Windows. ESET SysRescue Live is a Linux-based malware cleaning tool that runs independent of the operating system from the ESET Smart Security retail CD (North America only).
• HIPS Smart mode: Only suspicious system events trigger a notification beyond the set of pre-defined rules in Automatic mode (operations such as system registry, active processes and programs).
• ESET Cybersecurity Education (North America only): New Cybersecurity Education introduces a more interactive and game-like approach to training. This replaces the previously named ESET Cybersecurity Training (note: the new name change is not reflected in the UI yet).
ESET Smart Security, 2014 edition runs on any system with Microsoft® Windows® 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, and Microsoft Windows Home Server 2003, 2011. (Anti-Theft not available for Home Servers). Product requires an Internet connection.
Changes in 8.0.312.0
Updated: EULA, Country list, DetectAV engine
Fixed: Localization bugs
Fixed: Egui doesn’t remember the size of window
Fixed: Scheduled tasks “on computer startup” don’t work on Windows 8+
Fixed: First scan cannot be stopped from popup
Silent Install Features:
1- Silent install
2- Automatic startup file check disabled
3- Automatic first scan disabled
4- Set context menu to “Only clean”
5- Set desktop notifications to 3 sec
6- Set notify about missing updates to “No updates”
7- Live Grid enabled and will not submit statistics (Files only)
8- Rescan quarantined files after every update disabled
9- Excluded sites that TNod use
10- Excluded TNod and UlisesSoft folders
11- Excluded hosts file (Any edit to hosts file Nod32 will delete it!)
12- Excluded SppExtComObjHook.dll file (Used by KMS activators)
13- Unwanted applications enabled
14- Unsafe applications enabled
15- Program Activation alert removed (You still need to activate it to update)
16- You must uninstall previous version and restart first