Duplicate File Detective uses state-of-the-art file content analysis technology to show you exactly where your duplicate files are (even when the file names are different). You can search multiple folders, drives, removable storage devices, even network shares – all in a single pass. Then move, zip, or remove duplicate files safely with assistance from our innovative SmartMark duplicate file selection system.
Key Software Benefits
• Reclaim wasted local and network storage resources – archive or remove duplicate files
• Speed up backup processes by reducing storage allocation redundancy
• Gain visibility into what types of duplicates are consuming space and who owns them
• Eliminate time wasted performing virus scans on duplicate files
• Scan and de-dupe file systems of virtually any size with our extreme scalability engine
• Process (move, delete, or zip) duplicates safely with our built-in file management system
• Find duplicates by any combination of attributes, including content-only matching
• De-dupe and clean up your music (MP3, iTunes, etc.) file collection
• Optimized for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP and Windows Server (32 and 64 bit)
• Native 64-bit support for unmatched performance and scalability.
Version 6.0.76 (Released April 25, 2016)
• Bug fix: Improved response to selection of files in duplicate file report that were removed by an external application.
• Bug fix: When a duplicate search returns no results, the “updating tree” text remaining visible in the folder view panel.
• Bug fix: Fixed a bug that prevented multiple non-inclusive search paths from functioning as intended.
• Bug fix: Fixed rare issue with non-responsive checkboxes in certain environments.