Disk Drill is an invaluable do-it-yourself data recovery OS X tool. No other data recovery software for Mac is as easy to use. Whatever the cause of your data loss – accidental deletion, Disk Utility error, data corruption – we can help you get it back.
Disk Drill can scan and recover data from virtually any storage device – including internal Mac hard drives, external hard drives, cameras, iPods, USB flash drives, Kindles, and memory cards. In many cases, Disk Drill can read your device even if it is failing, unreadable, or has lost a partition. Combining several powerful scanning algorithms, Disk Drill provides a complete Mac data recovery solution.
Disk Drill makes data recovery in Mac OS X super easy. With just one click of a button, it will run through all of its scanning functions and display a list of files that can be potentially recovered. You can even preview these files so that you can determine which ones can be successfully recovered. If you have Disk Drill’s data protection features enabled, some methods of file recovery on your Mac are free! If not, a quick upgrade will enable you to recover your files and get back to work.
Do you have a hard drive or memory card that is suddenly blank or doesn’t show up when you plug it? If so, you may have a lost partition. In most cases, the data is still there, but the “map” the computer needs to find the data has been corrupted. Disk Drill has several methods that enable you to restore the lost partition and get back your data: Universal Partition Search, Scan for Lost HFS+ Partition and Rebuild HFS+ Catalog file. Disk Drill turns “lost” into “found”! Hard drive recovery for Mac OS X has never been simpler.
Disk Drill offers three free features that help prevent future data loss, so that you don’t have to stress about recovering deleted files in Mac OS X. Recovery Vault tracks every file removed from your Mac and remembers its location and filename. Guaranteed Recovery makes a copy of every file deleted from the Trash, giving you an “Undelete” option even after you empty the trash bin. And S.M.A.R.T. Monitoring keeps an eye on your hard drive and warns you if there are any signs that it might be failing. These three features will change the way you think about file recovery on your Mac.
Disk Drill puts the emphasis on easy. You shouldn’t have to be a Mac expert to recover files. We have designed our program to ensure that you don’t have to spend hours figuring out a new program. And our online knowledgebase provides detailed, step-by-step instructions for each Disk Drill feature. On the other hand, if you’re a computer expert, there are plenty of ways for you to customize the recovery process
Recover Data From Virtually Any Storage Device
No matter what type of storage device you’ve lost data from, if you can normally connect it to your Mac and view the contents, Disk Drill can scan it. Even if you’re currently having trouble accessing your hard drive or external device, there’s a good chance our free data recovery software for Mac will be able to rescue data from it. We can help if you have:
– Deleted files from your Mac’s internal hard drive and deleted documents from a USB flash drive
– Lost a partition on an external hard drive and lost music on an MP3 player
– Erased photos from a camera and erased videos from a camcorder
– Lost music on your iPod (Nano, Mini, Shuffle or Classic)
– Deleted books on an e-reader
– Been unable to access a memory card (SD card, Flash card, XD card, etc.)
Recovery For All Major File Types and File Systems
Disk Drill has several powerful scanning processes, which means Mac data recovery for OS X has never been this comprehensive. File systems that Disk Drill can scan include:
– HFS & HFS+
The list of file types we can recover is equally comprehensive. Our Quick Scan and Undelete Unprotected Data methods can recover ANY file type, but they can’t be used in all situations. Our Deep Scan method can be used in any situation and is able to recognize and recover over 80 different file types, including:
– Photo files like JPG, PNG and TIFF
– Graphic files like AI, PSD and INDD
– RAW camera files like CR2, NEF and DNG
– Video files like AVI, DV and MP4
– Music files like AIF, MP3 and WAV
– Document files like DOCX, PPTX and XLSX
Protect Data and Never Lose It Again
Disk Drill also has several free data protection features that really set it apart from the pack. Once you have these features enabled, you’ll never have to worry about Mac data recovery again:
– Guaranteed Recovery – Keeps an invisible copy of every file you put in your Mac’s Trash
– Recovery Vault – Keeps a record of all metadata for deleted files, so that they can quickly be recovered with names and file locations intact
– S.M.A.R.T. Monitoring – Warns you of hard drive trouble before it fails
Rebuild, Rescue and Remount
If you have a failing drive, lost partition, or need to prevent precious data from being overwritten during the scan process, Disk Drill has several innovative ways to maximize your data recovery:
– Backup Into DMG Image – Backs up an entire hard drive or partition from a failing drive onto a new drive as a DMG file
– Remount Volume as Read Only – Protects a non-system volume during a scan so that your data isn’t overwritten by OSX or another app
– Universal Partition Search – Recovers partitions on HFS+, FAT and NTFS volumes and creates a virtual partition for any ones that are found
– Scan for Lost HFS+ Partition – Finds and rebuilds HFS+ partitions on your Mac that have been reformatted
– Rebuild HFS+ Catalog File – Rebuilds the catalog of HFS+ partitions that won’t mount correctly
Requires Intel Mac OS X 10.8.5 or later.